Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Gunny bag (Gunny sack?)



 I had the pleasure of teaching Joy School last week.
We introduced "Gunny bag."
A little sack, made from a pillow case, with a face.


Gunny bag comes out and eats all the toys that are out of place, then hides in his cave.
After awhile he comes back out and coughs up all the toys.
If they are put right away, the toys are safe.
But...

If Gunny bag eats a toy twice, then it is gone forever.
If Gunny bag comes out and there are no toys to eat, he cries and cries...
The kids loved it! 
Scout loved it for Joy School, but was not too keen on Gunny bag living at our house.
I had to explain a couple times that he is just a bag.
I will always tell her before I bring him out.
He doesn't eat toys by himself, I put them inside the bag.


...Perhaps I should stop referring to it as a "him."
Poor Scout.

2 comments:

  1. You are uber talented Audrey! And that is so cute, about Scout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! You are so creative. Someday Scout is going to do the same thing for her kids and wonder why they are so concerned about it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete