Monday, February 11, 2013

Joy

Today I taught the young women about "the purpose of life".  The lesson was centered on how to find joy. Our Heavenly Father wants us to be joyful. We are here to experience joy! 
 As a youth and young adult, I was focused on a career.
 I didn't want to get married or have children young.
 I didn't even really picture myself as a young mother with small children. I thought it would be more impressive if I had a career. It was hard for me to understand how I could be fulfilled staying home and raising children.
  I stayed close to the Gospel, made good choices and followed The Spirit. That Spirit led me to be sealed in the Temple when I was 22. 
  I did graduate from nursing school because I felt it was important. But more important for me was having children, staying home with them. And loving and teaching them The Lord's plan for them.
 
I have never felt more happiness or purpose or responsibility than I do as I care for these precious children.
 
As I take the time to really stop, and appreciate small moments with my children, I truly feel joy.



"Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy." (2 Nephi 2:25)













2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing teacher! I felt the spirit Sunday and again here as I read this. You are an amazing little momma to our MiaMaids as well as your beautiful children. And to me! Thanks for inspiring me, because I thought about your lesson all day and have been consciously finding joy in the little things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way as a youth. I DID picture myself as a mom - even a stay at home mom, but I thought I should have a career too. When I was pregnant with my first I was inches away from getting my degree, but instead of going back to school or working after she was born - somehow my priorities shifted and here we are today. I love your post.

    ReplyDelete