Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sticky buns and other culinary endeavors


I enjoy baking.
I enjoy knowing the food we are eating is made from fresh, whole ingredients.
Sometimes the things I make are successful...

The day we had these sticky buns for breakfast Scout kept saying, "Oh, thank you, thank you, Mom.  I love these. Thank you so much."
I used honey instead of the corn syrup it called for, and half white wheat flour.

This Focaccia bread was delicious.


Hot cross buns! What are hot cross buns, anyway? Does anyone actually make them?
I saw the recipe, and was reminded of the song I sang as a kid.
Is it a song or a nursery rhyme?
Anyway, I wanted to know what they were.
They are pretty good.


Not so successful:
I have a graham cracker recipe that is Uh-mazing! But it's kind of involved.
A lot of chilling.
I decided to try this recipe from weelicious (I am absolutely LOVING this website!)
It was okay. 
I will probably go back to the more involved recipe next time.


These Ritz crackers did not work out.
I will try again.




1 comment:

  1. stickky buns are divine. my kids ask for them for EVERY special occasion.

    ReplyDelete